Nicole's Favorite Songs

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Desert Rose - Sting

單曲"Desert Rose"中, 史汀再次用音樂搭起了文化的橋樑,力邀旅居法國深受歡迎的非洲阿爾吉利亞(Algerian)超級巨星查柏馬密(Cheb Mami)填寫阿拉伯文的歌詞

充滿中東風味. 曲子聽起來有點尤其是和Sting一起唱歌的合音天使,是個歌唱技巧很棒的男歌手.
可惜...我查不到這歌手的名稱,不然還真想聽看看他唱的其他曲子.

這首歌裡,Sting還邀請旅居法國的非洲阿爾吉利亞(Algerian)超級巨星查柏馬密(Cheb Mami)填寫阿拉伯文的歌詞, 完全揮灑紳士樂手的狂放豪情. 阿拉伯文和英文的二重唱, 搭配的剛剛好. 超讚!


I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

And as she turns
This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
This fire burns
I realize that nothing's as it seems

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes
This rare perfume is the sweet intoxication of her love

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

Sweet desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

Sweet desert rose
This memory of Eden haunts us all
This desert flower
This rare perfume, is the sweet intoxication of the fall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home